Tuesday 16 July 2013

Glysolid: A Savior for Dry Skin

Glysolid is a glycerin and allantoin based cream balm and is excellent for dry, chapped skin.
Glysolid and I were meant to be! A couple of weeks back I was driving through a major dust-storm looking for an office I had an appointment at. Getting lost in the heat and dust really winded me up, and after the meeting I treated myself to a manicure at the salon on the ground floor.
My hands seem to be getting drier by the day, and this is hardly surprising given I wash them almost every few hours and am slack at moisturizing (amazing how we tend to neglect our paws and not our faces!). My mother always said a lady’s age can be seen from her hands, so I decided to try the liquid paraffin treatment at the salon. The wax was a little too hot for my liking, but my hands did feel baby soft all day.
But like all good things, the feeling was temporary and my hands were back to being moisture-quenched a few days later. The manicurist was a lovely lady from the Phillipines and she recommended I try Glysolid. She told me to use it religiously every night before I go to bed on my hands, feet and even legs.
I looked up the red tin in my local supermarket. My manicurist said if I had trouble finding it, I should ask a Pilipino. And sure enough, the sales girl at the supermarket who helped me was from her place. The product is from Germany, but it appears Pilipino ladies have quite a few beauty secrets up their sleeves!
I was also pleasantly surprised at just how cheap this product is. I got a generously large 3.38 ounce tin for AED 13. I used to use Neutrogena Hand Cream Concentrate, and a small 50 ml tube costs AED 25.
The texture of Glysolid is similar to the Neutrogena Hand Cream Concentrate, but I feel it gets absorbed into the skin quicker and doesn’t leave any sticky residue. You only need a small amount, and I think this tin will last me a good few months.
My toddler likes Glysolid too!

- Big Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment